to fit your lifestyle and needs.
Primus urology department is consistently recognized for providing novel and effective approaches to treating and managing urologic cancers, male infertility, sexual dysfunction, kidney stones, and other urologic disorders.
We at Primus utilize the highly advanced and sophisticated diagnostic procedures and the latest treatment procedures to treat urology conditions. We deliver comprehensive, multi-disciplinary care for all kinds of urologic disorders, including cancers, kidney stones, incontinence, impotence, prostate problems, bladder issues and deformities.
Our speciality services in Urology department include:
- Laparoscopic procedures including nephrectomy
- Bladder reconstruction
- Brachytherapy (radioactive seed implantation)
- Extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy to destroy kidney stones
- Endoscopic and percutaneous techniques
- Genitourinary reconstruction
- Medical and surgical treatment for sexual dysfunction and impotence
- Minimally invasive techniques for benign prostatic hyperplasia and other conditions
- Minimally invasive injection therapies and other procedures for incontinence
- Penile reconstructive surgery
- Percutaneous radiofrequency ablation of kidney tumours
- Urodynamic evaluation
A urethral stricture is a process of scarring in or nearby the urethra (which is a tube connecting the urinary bladder to the urinary meatus for the elimination of urine from the body), which results in the narrowing or blocking of the urinary passage. It occurs more commonly in men as compared to women
Any infection, inflammation or urethral injury that occurs due to any instrumentation or foley’s catheterization or trauma can result in urethral stricture.
slow urine stream, spraying a stream of urine, Painful urination, reduction in the urine output, inadequate emptying of the bladder and recurrent urinary tract infections.
RGU and MCU (retrograde and antegrade urethrogram are imaging techniques that can help in pinpointing the length, severity and the location, of the stricture.
Urethral stricture treatment can only be done by surgical intervention as medicines are not effective. The selection of treatment of urethral stricture depends upon on the length and severity of the stricture.
- Short strictures: for strictures that are short dilation or cutting the stricture (urethrotomy) with the help of a laser or knife under the guidance of specially designed video cystoscope.
- Long / recurrent strictures: these strictures involves surgically removing the stricture after which the reconstruction of the area with grafts (buccal /lingual mucosal urethroplasty) or a flaps is done.
Hypospadias is the term given to an inborn disorder of the urethra where the urinary opening lies on the underside of the penis instead of being at the tip. It is, in fact, the second most common birth abnormality of the reproductive system present in males that affects about one out of every 250 males at birth.
Signs and symptoms of a hypospadias are as follows
- Hooded appearance of the penile organ
- Unusual spraying during urination
- The opening of the urethra at the bottom of the penis
- Downward curve of the penis (chordee)
Surgery usually brings back the normal look of your child’s penis. With successful operation of hypospadias, the males can have regular urination and reproduction. The surgical process depends on where the opening is located and the position of the urethral plate.
Where you receive your care matters. Primus Hospital is proud of our team and the exceptional care they provide
We develop personalized treatment plans that take into account your age and lifestyle. Together we choose the best option for you.
We are one of just a handful of hospitals in Delhi with an enhanced recovery program that adheres to guidelines to keep you healthier and get you back to the comfort of home sooner. This program is designed to reduce your in-hospital time and lessen the chance of complications, as well as monitor your need for pain medication and fluid levels for digestion.
We offer a comprehensive, one-day evaluation. You’ll be seen by all the necessary specialists - a Urologist, Uro-Oncologist and Nephrologist.
Dr. Harbinder Singh
9 A.M to 5 P.M
9 A.M to 5 P.M