The Department of Dermatology excels in diagnosing, treating, and performing clinical research for nearly every skin disease known to mankind. The Department is highly sought after, catering to dermatology, cosmetology, venereal diseases, and leprosy. Conventional dermatology treatments, with expert consultation, diagnosis and treatment under the umbrella of personalized attention, are our forte. Specialized counseling sessions are conducted for the interface between psychiatric disorders and skin diseases.
All sexually transmitted diseases are treated at our centre. The treatment includes prevention, counseling regarding coping with the stress of having it, treatment of the partner also, along with the required intervention. We undertake voluntary testing also for venereal diseases.
Aesthetic dermatology and cosmetology form a major part of our services. All kinds of cosmetic treatments which include novel procedures for various cosmetic concerns are undertaken here, like treatments for:
• Pediatric Dermatology: We also offer specialized care of skin disorders in infants, children and adolescents.
• Dermatopathology is a subspecialty of dermatology and pathology that involves the study of skin disease at the microscopic level. Although many skin diseases can be recognized by their clinical appearance, sometimes a skin biopsy is taken to provide more information. This biopsy specimen is then examined under the microscope by a dermatolopathologist who
looks at the disease at the cellular level.
• Light Therapy with ultraviolet light is an effective treatment for some types of skin diseases including psoriasis and eczema. Treatment typically requires two to three visits a week, often for several months. Treatment times and dosage levels are determined by the physician. Photodynamic therapy is utilized to treat extensive solar damage and premalignant keratoses.
Other Important Services offered by Primus Skin clinic include:
• General Dermatology
• Surgical Dermatology
• Cosmetic Dermatology
• Patch Testing
• General dermatology clinics
• Pigmented lesion (Mole) clinic
• Skin cancer clinic
• Skin surgery • Biologics clinic
• Hyperhidrosis clinic
• Lymphoedema clinic
• Contact Dermatitis/patch testing
• Photodynamic therapy
• Vulval Clinic
Conditions that Primus dermatologists commonly treat are the following:
• Autoimmune disorders
• Contact dermatitis
• Hair loss
• Moles and melanoma
• Nail disorders
• Rosacea • Skin cancer screening
• Skin infections (athlete’s foot and ringworm, herpes infections)
• Skin growths
• Surgical Dermatology
• Destruction and excision of benign, premalignant and malignant skin lesions
• Mohs micrographic surgery and facial reconstruction
• Nail surgery
Primus dermatologists offer a variety of cosmetic services including the following:
• Antiageing, like fillers, Botox, Restylane Vital, IAL
• Hair loss, like PRP, hair Mesotherapy, derma roller
• Undereye, for dark circles and dull eyes
• Threads, for non-surgical face-lift
• Whitening, with the state of art equipment and a cocktail of medicines
• Dull skin, • Open pores
• Vampire face lift
• Moles, warts, tags
• Chemical peels
• Acne scars
• Localized fat reduction
Surgical techniques for treatment of leucoderma, sebaceous cysts, excision of growths, scar revision to name a few, are also taken care by our experts.
To put it in a nutshell, the department of Dermatology, at our hospital, is a highly specialized one, offering treatments for all types of skin and cosmetic concerns.