Prof. (Dr.) Harsh Wardhan(HOD)
• It provides immaculate, economical and evidence-based patient care. The institute is equipped with cutting-edge technology and state of the art infrastructure in the field of Interventional Cardiology, Cardiac Surgeries both adult and paediatric.
• All of our cardiac services are geared to provide rapid access to cardiac diagnosis (such as cardiograms), investigations and treatment for patients with all forms of heart disease.
• Facilities also include: Sophisticated operation theatres, experienced operating theatre staff, dedicated cardiac wards and intensive care units ensuring the highest levels of quality care 24X7
Approaches to Cardiac care
In most cases of heart diseases, the aim is to find a combination of treatments involving lifestyle modifications, medicines, devices, or surgery that will help the heart function properly.
• Treatment requires you and your doctor to work together to find an effective solution that one can manage in the long-term and will result in the best quality.
• Our cardiac experts are always available to provide consultation and treatment for all aspects of cardiovascular care and prevention.
The Department is dynamic & innovative, dedicated to excellence in research and clinical care. Our aim is to provide a healthier and happier future to the patients by providing the best cardiac care.
Steps to undertake lifestyle changes
• For most people, heart failure is a life-long condition that cannot be cured. If you have been diagnosed with heart failure, you can still reduce the risk of further episodes by some lifestyle changes.
• Stopping smoking (if you smoke) will quickly reduce your risk of having a heart attack to near that of a non-smoker. Other lifestyle changes, such as eating healthily and taking regular exercise, will also improve your symptoms and reduce the pressure on your heart.
• Ask our physician or healthcare professional to help you with nutrition and other necessary advice that is appropriate for you and your health.
What causes high blood pressure?
While the cause of high blood pressure in most people remains unclear, a variety of conditions – such as getting little or no exercise, poor diet, obesity, older age and genetics – can lead to hypertension.
What are systolic and diastolic blood pressures?
The blood pressure reading is measured in millimeters of mercury (mmHg) and is written as systolic pressure the force of the blood against the artery walls as your heart beats over diastolic pressure the blood pressure between heartbeats. For example, a blood pressure reading is written as 120/80mmHg, or 120 over 80. The systolic pressure is 120 and the diastolic pressure is 80.
What is the treatment for high blood pressure?
High blood pressure treatment usually involves making lifestyle changes and, if necessary, drug therapy. Lifestyle modifications for high blood pressure include:
High blood pressure drugs include angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors, angiotensin receptor blockers, diuretics, beta blockers and calcium channel blockers.
What health problems are associated with high blood pressure?
Certain serious health conditions are linked to high blood pressure, which includes:
What type of diet should one follow if he/she have high blood pressure?
A healthy diet, such as the Dash (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) diet, is very effective at lowering high blood pressure. The Dash diet calls for a certain number of daily servings from various food groups, including fruits, vegetables, and whole grains.
The following steps can also help:
Eating more fruits, vegetables and low-fat dairy foods.
Eating less of foods that are high in saturated fat and cholesterol, such as fried foods.
Eating more wholegrain products, fish, poultry and nuts
Eating less red meat and sweets.
Eating foods that are high in magnesium, potassium, and calcium
When should I seek medical advice about high blood pressure?
If you are diagnosed with high blood pressure, its important to see your doctor on a regular basis in order to avoid any further complications.